COMPTEL PLUS Spring Convention to Explore the Transitions, Transformations and Innovations Shaping Communications Industry
100 Exhibitors, Special Workshops and Expert-Led Educational Sessions Provide Insights
into the High Stakes Facing the Industry in 2013
WASHINGTON, DC – February 26, 2013 – Knowing that the stakes are high in 2013 for communications providers and their supplier partners, the COMPTEL PLUS Spring 2013 Convention & EXPO is offering an interactive agenda aimed at providing attendees with the education and networking opportunities they need to stay competitive in this dynamic industry. COMPTEL PLUS, which features three days of panel discussions and workshops, as well as an EXPO with nearly 100 exhibiting companies, will take place March 10-13, 2013, at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
“2013 is shaping up to be a year where our industry will face many fundamental challenges – from the way services are delivered and the technologies being adopted, to the policies governing competition and strategies being employed for service providers to expand and strengthen their bottom line,” said Jerry James, CEO of COMPTEL, the leading trade association for the competitive communications industry, which hosts COMPTEL PLUS. “We have designed our convention agenda to address these issues in an educational forum, as well as providing a marketplace where our attendees can see the new products and services that can give them an edge in this dynamic industry.”
Educational sessions are divided into three tracks, focusing on “transition,” “transformation” and “innovation” – each including discussions of the business, policy and technology trends shaping today’s communications industry. Sessions include:
- A Network in Transition: The Competitive Imperative of the 21st Century
- Filling the White Space: Spectrum Benefits for Consumers and Communications
- Grand Theft Copper: Protecting Against the ILEC Assault
- Follow the Money: A USF Round-Up
- The Competitive Spark for Innovation: Where Policy and Business Strategy Converge
- Capitalizing on the Cloud: Executing a Successful Cloud Strategy
- BYOD: Maintaining Corporate Policies in an Untethered World
- Hosted Unified Communications: A Driver for M&A Activity
- The Transformers: How Small ILECs Grow their Business with CLEC Strategies
- Wholesale, Cloud Services and Performance Assurance: Challenges and Opportunities
- A Key to Network Evolution: Trends in Ethernet over Copper
- Sudden Impact: How Cloud Services Affect the Network and Drive Business Transformation
- Cyber Combat: Tools and Tactics for Preventing Attacks
- Small Cells Solving Big Problems: Improvements in Coverage and Capacity for Carriers
In addition to these tracks, COMPTEL PLUS will feature two workshops:
Ethernet Access Services: The Secret Sauce for Service Provider Growth – Taking place Tuesday, March 12 from 8 a.m.-10 a.m., this first-of–a-kind, two-hour mini-event presented by Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) will reveal how Ethernet access services are enabling a wide group of service providers to capitalize on market opportunities and build new revenue streams. Triggered by recent Carrier Ethernet developments known as CE 2.0, attendees will learn how buying and selling wholesale Ethernet Services can be simplified and accelerated, how key vertical market applications are enabled and gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of the services and technologies involved.
- Interconnection Under the Telecommunications Act of 1996: Past, Present and Future – This free, half-day workshop on Wednesday, March 13 from 8:30 a.m. to Noon is presented by Eckert Seamans and will help providers who are adapting to the challenges posed by new technologies and new impediments to Section 251/252 interconnection. During the workshop, participants will discuss the ongoing significance of interconnection negotiations and arbitrations, including Section 251/252 negotiations and arbitrations relating to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) interconnection.
Other highlights of COMPTEL PLUS include:
- Keynote address by Terry Jones - founder and former CEO of Travelocity.com, chairman of Kayak.com and author of "ON Innovation"
- Approximately 100 exhibitors participating in the EXPO
- Networking receptions in the exhibit hall on Sunday, March 10 and Tuesday, March 12
- The chance to win gift cards worth $1,500, $1,000, $500 and $100 in EXPO drawings
- Presentation of the ATLANTIC-ACM “2013 U.S. Long Haul Wholesale Carrier Excellence Awards”
Registered attendees of COMPTEL PLUS can take advantage of the COMPTEL PLUS Business PLANner, an interactive meeting planning application enables users to start scheduling multiple meetings in advance with existing and prospective clients during the COMPTEL PLUS in Las Vegas. And with the COMPTEL PLUS Mobile Access Planner (MAP), the Business PLANner and all other up-to-date information about the convention can be available on the go, via smartphones and tablets.
For more information about the COMPTEL PLUS Spring 2013 Convention & EXPO or to register, visit www.comptelplus.org.
About COMPTEL PLUS
The COMPTEL PLUS Convention & EXPO is the preeminent networking event for innovative communications companies and their supplier partners. Held twice a year, COMPTEL PLUS attracted more than 20 exhibitors and more than 4,100 attendees to our 2012 events. COMPTEL PLUS provides attendees with the opportunity to learn about new products, services and industry trends; meet potential customers and do business. In addition, COMPTEL PLUS offers comprehensive educational programming led by experienced industry speakers. COMPTEL PLUS is produced by COMPTEL, the leading industry association representing competitive communications service providers and their supplier partners. Follow us at www.comptelplus.org or on Twitter at @comptelplus.