FALL 2013 SESSION PROPOSALS
COMPTEL PLUS invites you to share your insights into business strategies, innovative technologies and/or regulatory trends that are shaping the future of the competitive communications industry.
Please submit your session proposal(s) for the COMPTEL PLUS Fall 2013 Convention & EXPO, scheduled from Monday, September 23 to Thursday, September 26 in Orlando. The submission deadline is Monday, May 13, 2013.
Below you’ll find some general themes we are considering for our Fall agenda. We also welcome your input on other relevant, thought-provoking and timely topics, panel discussions and case studies that would be of interest to the communications industry. Thank you for your proposals.
- Business Growth: Raising Capital for your Business
- Carrier Ethernet 2.0
- Selling the cloud
- What cloud model best fits your customers: Private? Public? Hybrid?
- Advantages of the cloud and the virtual desktop
- Cloud security and BYOD: Security concerns and legal liabilities
- Company Valuation: Preparing for Exit Strategies or Expansion
- Preparing your company and network for an attack
- What happens after a cyberattack?
- New Products and Revenue Opportunities: What new products are impacting the marketplace? Growing revenue?
- Sales: New Strategies and Tactics
Compliance: Health Care for the America Plan and other federal requirement
Alternative Technologies and Deployment Strategies
- White Spaces
- Revenue Opportunities
- Buyers and Sellers
- Technology growth opportunities
- New developments with capacity and deployment
- Fixed Wireless
- Wireless Backhaul
- Short Duration Messaging and its applications: Mobile payments? Network security?
- Software Defined Networking: Does it work? Benefits?
Webcasting and Network Capacity: Is streaming video pushing the limits of network capacity?
- Alternative Technologies and Deployment Strategies
- Cyber Security: Impact of proposed legislation on providers
- FCC: What to expect with new leadership
- Fiber Deployment: What are the Barriers to Entry?
- SIP Interconnection
- Last Mile Access
- Numbering: Pending charges in eligibility requirements
- Special Access
- Spectrum Auction
- Rural Markets: Call termination, compliance and data collection
- Rural Markets: Broadband and Video Deployment
- USF Contribution Reform
For your session proposal to be considered, you must include:
- Proposed session title
- Abstract of the proposed topic, and brief description of the timeliness and relevancy of the topic.
- 150-word biography of the proposed speaker
- Names of other suggested speakers, if a panel discussion is proposed
COMPTEL PLUS will only accept session topic proposals submitted via its Website.
* Please note that submitting a topic for consideration does not guarantee that you or anyone from your company will be included in the agenda. COMPTEL also reserves the right to modify the content and/or format of the session.
DEADLINE: May 13, 2013
Any submissions received after this date will not be considered for the COMPTEL PLUS Fall 2013 Convention & EXPO.