“COMPTEL PLUS provides a valuable venue where the communications industry can gather to learn about new products and services, as well as business and regulatory trends impacting their business,” said COMPTEL CEO Chip Pickering. “We thank our exhibitors, sponsors and attendees for their support and look forward to continuing to provide the opportunities for them to expand and enhance their business.”
Throughout the Spring convention, more than 760 attendees used the Business PLANner and participated in 430 meetings with prospective and current customers. Other highlights included:
- Opening night reception and Casino Night, both hosted by TollFreeForwarding.com, in the EXPO hall, which featured a wide array of communications industry suppliers, including 27 companies that were exhibiting at COMPTEL PLUS for the first time.
- CEO Breakfast attended by 56 C-level executives, during which Pickering spoke about the impact of policy reform on competitive sector.
- Keynote Jeff Gardner, president and CEO of Windstream, who spoke with Pickering during a Q&A about trends impacting the industry, the state of competition, legislative and regulatory reform efforts now underway and the technology transition of the public switched telephone network.
- General session on The Future of the Copper Network, featuring speakers from AT&T Services Inc., CenturyLink, Frontier Communications and Granite Telecommunications.
- Half-day regulatory workshop hosted by Kelly Drye, which explored “The Next Big Thing: Capitalizing on Emerging Trends at the Intersection of Public Policy and Business.”
Grand prize drawing in the EXPO hall sponsored by CSF Corporation, GeoResults, GSAssociates, Overture Networks, RAD Data Communications, Sales Tax Associates Inc., Sonus Networks and Telco Systems. Winners of the grand prize drawing were:
- $1,200 – David Bailey of BullsEye Telecom
- $800 – Dan DeMille of Windstream
- $400 – Bradley O’Donnell of Ryan